Cycling considered to be one of the most effective exercises for humanity. When we talk about losing weight and be fit and healthy, the first thing that came to our mind is hectic food diet and green vegetables and working out in the gym for hours and hours.
But did you ever think why our forefathers tend to be more healthy than us? The simple answer is a lifestyle. Yes, with all the science evolving and making our life easier the one thing we are all losing is our health.
Good health did not make us physically comfortable but also mentally fine. 1 out of 3 persons in the US is suffering from Obesity. Before talking about solutions, let’s talk about Obesity.
What is Obesity?
Having a Body Mass Index (BMI) of more than 25 is considered to be overweight. How can you calculate BMI? BMI = weight in kgs/ height in meter square for example a 70 kg man with 1.7 meter height will have a following BMI, BMI= 70/ (1.7)×(1.7) =70/2.89 24.221.
There are almost 350 calories in a pound. So it means by burning 350 calories in a week (straightforward task) you can at least lost 1 lb in a week.
So what’s the best exercise for losing weight and be healthy?
For me, the best exercise for losing weight without getting annoyed is Cycling. Anything else you would do will be more like punishment, and you will end up tired and could not do regularly. One hour of Cycling can burn at least 550 calories and more.
You can go to some hilly area if you like mountains or go to a park for Cycling, even camps are good. There are folding bikes available nowadays for touring and camping people. Here are some of the top best folding bike for touring recommendations.
1. SWAGCYCLE EB5 Plus Folding Electric Bike
4.1 stars, 376 reviews | $499.99 AT AMAZON
Twist the throttle and speed just over 15 MPH as you race to class with the power assist or break a sweat as you pedal through your morning errands. The EB-5 hybrid bike packs enough punch to last up to 15.5 miles on just power alone or start pedaling for even more distance. Go full throttle, then change to pedaling or switch between the two at intervals for a great workout. With the EB-5, you can ride whenever and however you want.
Ride knowing your electronic bike can stop on a dime thanks to unique Autoguard technology. Autoguard is a safety feature that ensures the motor automatically disengages upon braking. Even if you’re holding the throttle and a surprise obstacle comes in view, rest assured you’ll have the immediate, sufficient stopping power as soon as you hit the brakes.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “This bike is super cool, fast, a real head turner.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “So far so good, fantastic battery I rode it all day and it’s still full after charging overnight. It’s an odd but enjoyable ride. It’s part bike part e bike. If you are going up a hill it’s way easier because the bike helps you but you can’t expect it to pull you up the hill by itself. It’s fantastic for flat land, downhill, grass, dirt. Just have to use it as a regular bike up a hill. Either way very impressed with the quality and the ease of use.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- Pre-assembled: the electric bike already comes pre-assembled so you won’t have to waste time with complicated assembly and foreign bike parts.
- Height adjustable for adults and teens: easily adjust the bicycle seat and handlebar to find the perfect position for a comfortable ride.
- 14 inch wheels: a pair of air-filled rubber tires with quick-disconnect power lines ensure better traction and easy tire maintenance. – Best folding bike for touring.
- 15.5 mile range: ride your hybrid bike on full throttle to cruise up to 15.5 miles on a single charge by toggling between power assist and pedaling.
- The EB-5’s: foldable bike frame can accommodate riders up to 264 pounds and folds three times so it fits inside compact vehicles, under desks, on subways and in other small spaces. Charging Time – 4-5 hrs.
2. EuroMini ZiZZO Campo 28lb Lightweight Aluminum Frame Shimano 7-Speed Folding Bike 20-Inch
4.3 starts, 175 reviews | $249.99 AT AMAZON
A responsive Shimano 7-speed grip shifter is integrated into the handlebar for shifting on the go with ease. The Campo comes with a comfortable single folding aluminum alloy stem. The handlebar can also be rotated to best adjust to your hand position while riding. The seat post height can be adjusted to provide you with your most comfortable riding position. Adjustable Alloy clamps secure the seat post, handlebar post height, handlebar brake lever orientation. The Aluminum Alloy V-Brakes, while lightweight, provide the bike with the stopping power you need when called upon.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “Its a solid, well built bike but does not weigh very much. Its very easy to fold up and adjust. I weigh about 210 and it hold my weight just fine and feels very stable underneath me. We are ordering a second one for my husband as we are on the road in our RV and these fit perfectly in the basement of our unit.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “Super Easy, Light , and sturdy! one of the best purchases I EVER MADE.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- Lightweight aluminum frame, folds in seconds and is easy to carry so you never need to leave it outside.
- Genuine Shimano components with 7 speeds and grip style shifter. – Best folding bike for touring.
- Easy single fold stem, folding pedals, magnet catcher to hold fold bike’s frame securely together.
- 2“ multi-terrain tires and v-style brakes.
- Folded size: H-27. 25″ L-33. 2″ W-13. 5. Weight: 28. 5 lb. (Lightweight).
3. Xspec 20″ 7 Speed City Folding Compact Bike
3.8 stars, 191 reviews | $219.99 AT AMAZON
This Xspec bike folds neatly in seconds, so you can store it correctly in the trunk of your car, take it to the office, or store neatly in a closet. Weighs only 36 lbs and folds into a portable size. Xspec Bikes offer a great ride with the added convenience of portability. It has a 20″ High Tensile Steel Folding Frame with SL-TX30 Shifter and RD-TZ50 Rear Derailleur. The 7-speed function gives you the option to cruise or punch it in high gear, and the Steel V Brake lets you slow down quickly.
Folds Flat in Seconds, only 29″ x 24″ x 13″ when folded. Easy to carry and store away at your home or in your trunk. Unique pedal design to save space (Pedals are different in appearance. Only the right pedal folds in). Adjustable seat adapts to most riders ranging from five feet to over six feet tall.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “Easy to store, easy to ride, good for a all person.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “The bicycles was what we were looking for, we purchased two. When we had an issue with a defect with one of the rear wheels, the seller was very responsive and got us a replacement quickly which fixed our problem. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- LIGHT WEIGHT AND EASY TO TRANSPORT: The bike easily folds to fit into the trunk of a car, making it perfect for students and commuters. The folding feature makes it perfect for those that do not have a car bike rack or those that would prefer bringing their bike along instead of leaving it on a bike rack where it could be stolen.
- EASY TO USE: Folds flat in seconds! Folded dimensions approx. 29″ L x 24″ H x 13″. Easy to carry and easy to store in the car, closet, or garage. Note: Pedals are different in appearance. Only the right pedal folds in.
- 7 SPEED: Genuine 7 Speed quality name brand SL-TX30 Shifter, quality name brand RD-TZ50 Rear Derailleur. – Best folding bike for touring.
- PERFECT SIZE FOR ANYONE: The comfortable seat easily adjusts to most riders ranging from five feet to over six feet tall. Max User Weight: 220 lbs.
- DURABLE WHEELS: Alloy Wheels with High Grade 20″ x 1.75 Road Tire. Light Assembly/Tools Required. 30 day warranty included for all orders purchased from the authorized seller, Crosslinks.
Read our article on: Workout Enhancer Gel