One of the words we are hearing more often these days in Covid-19 crisis is Oxygen saturation. Some of us know what is oxygen saturation in human blood but most of us are unaware of it.
Let’s have some information and pulse oximeters reviews. Oxygen saturation is the percentage of oxygen in blood. Normally it is 97 or 98% but 95 to 100% considered normal.
Why we need Pulse Oximeter?
In Corona virus disease, the oxygen carrying capacity of blood decreases and so thus oxygen saturation and that is the reason measuring oxygen saturation is one of the most effective way for prognosis and severity of Covid-19.
There are many symptoms of Covid-19, but the most straightforward method for checking the severity of the disease is kept measuring Oxygen saturation of blood so we can intubate patient and give enough oxygen.
The instrument we use for calculating oxygen saturation at home or hospital is called ‘Pulse Oximeter‘. It is a tiny device we can attach to fingers, and it gives us very accurate oxygen saturation.
A pulse oximeter should be a part of home medical gadgets, and everyone should know how to use it. It is not very expensive but serves a great deal in this crisis. Here are some of our recommendations and pulse oximeters reviews.
1. Zacurate Pro Series 500DL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
4.7 stars, 8.314 reviews | $29.95 AT AMAZON
The Zacurate Pro Series 500DL fingertip pulse oximeter is manufactured according to the CE and FDA standards set for pulse oximeter designed for sports enthusiasts, pilots or anyone who wants to obtain their SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation levels) and PR (Pulse Rate) on the go.
The large LED display makes viewing the results A snap. Its small size makes it easy to carry around, and a lanyard is also included for added convenience. Comes with 2 AAA batteries and a silicon cover to protect your pulse oximeter from dirt and damage. Zacurate is a registered trademark of USPTO.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “I love the price, accuracy (because I checked it with a nurse friends oximeter), high quality, ease of use, being able to easily read the led,and the warranty.It is a great buy.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “I’m very happy with my purchase. I use it daily for patient care. Highly recommend.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- ACCURATE AND RELIABLE – Accurately determine your SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation levels), pulse rate and pulse strength in 10 seconds and display it conveniently on a large digital LED display.
- FULL SPO2 VALUE – The ONLY LED pulse oximeter that can read and display up to 100% for SpO2. – pulse oximeters reviews.
- SPORT/HEALTH ENTHUSIASTS – For sports enthusiasts like mountain climbers, skiers, bikers or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate. SpO2 and Pulse Rate now faces instead of away from the user for an easy read.
- ACCOMODATES WIDE RANGE OF FINGER SIZES – Finger chamber with SMART Spring System. Works for ages 12 and above.
- LOADED WITH ACCESSORIES – Include 2X AAA BATTERIES that will allow the pulse oximeter to be used right out of the box, a SILICON COVER to protect your pulse oximeter from dirt and physical damage and a LANYARD for convenience. Comes with 12 months WARRANTY and USA based technical phone support.
2. Facelake FL400 Pulse Oximeter
This Facelake FL400 Blue Fingertip Pulse Oximeter provides an accurate way to check your pulse rates and SPO2(blood oxygen saturation levels) quickly. This device is designed to be used by pilots and sports enthusiasts.
This device is reliable and safe to use. It is not advised to use this machine for medical purposes, but only for sports and aviation, such as mountain climbers, bikers or pilots who go through high elevation areas regularly. Results can be viewed quickly within 10 seconds, so you don’t need to slow down for long.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “I use it all the time. My physical therapists says good product.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “I took this into my doctors office and found it was just as accurate as the ones that they used in the office.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- ACCURATE SPO2: Determine your blood oxygen saturation levels (SPO2) and pulse rate.
- SPORTS & HEALTH: For enthusiast runners, bikers, swimmers, and others looking to monitor their SPO2 and pulse rate on the go. Manufactured according to CE and FDA standards.
- EASY TO USE: Simple fingertip insert with results in under 10 seconds on a large LED display.
- FREE ACCESSORIES: Includes 2x AAA batteries, nylon carrying case, lanyard, and user manual.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Every pulse oximeter is inspected, warrantied, and serviced by our US based support team available in Illinois by phone and e-mail.
3. mibest Silver Dual Color OLED Finger Pulse Oximeter
4.7 stars, 1,774 reviews | $29.95 AT AMAZON
This device is perfect for measuring your pulse. With AAA batteries, lanyard, and pulse oximeter case included in this set, you will be able to measure your SPO2 level right out of the box.
Convenient and easy to use this pulse oximeter set will allow you to get accurate measurements of your blood oxygen saturation anywhere you are. Best pulse oximeters reviews.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “Checked this clear reading unit against a more expensive product–and it read the same. And easy to read.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “Works great. Comes on almost instantly and shuts off automatically. Great value.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- EASY TO USE: Our pulse monitor is easy to use and has an efficient One Button Operation. Our SPO2 Sensor will spot check and display in real time SpO2, PR, Pulse bar graph which great for checking your pulse signal strength.
- LUXURY AND RELIABILITY: Our accurate dual color oximeter displays SpO2 in 4 directions, 4 display modes, and 10 levels of adjustable brightness. Comes with a battery-low indicator. – pulse oximeters reviews.
- OUT OF BOX READY: Our portable oxygen saturation machine comes with Instruction manual, 2 AAA alkaline batteries, Neck lanyard (detachable and adjustable length) you’ll be ready to use your portable oxygen sensor right out of the box.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES: Our oxygen saturation finger monitor can be used as a pediatric pulse oximeter for kids and children as well as a blood oxygen monitor for adults.
- NOTE: This device is for Sports and Aviation use only and not intended for medical use. Its great for mountain climbers, bikers, trainers, aviators, and general sport enthusiasts to spot check SpO2 on the fly. Comes with a 12 month warranty.
4. Metene Pulse Oximeter Fingertip
4.5 stars, 1,219 reviews | $29.99 AT AMAZON
Metene Fingertip oximeter is only for sports and aviation use. It is ideal for use during sports activities, mountain climbing and piloting aeroplanes. This oximeter adopts the most advanced single-chip and sensor and uses the photoelectric sensor principle to collect the blood oxygen signal.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “It is working excellent and easy to use. Perfect Product.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “This pulse oximeter has beautiful design and is easy to use. It gives me the info I need when exercising. I have major blockages in my hardened arteries and need to know my oxygen levels and pulse when I am on my treadmill. Good value for the price. THANKS.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- Accurate And Reliable Detection:Using the most advanced MCU chip and sensor, blood oxygen signal is collected by photoelectric sensing principle. Only need several seconds to get measurement results, very accurate and reliable.
- For Sports and Aviation Use Only: Suitable for sports enthusiasts and aviation use only , accommodates wide range of finger sizes – children to adult.
- User Friendly Design: High quality transparent acrylic panel. The oxygen meter body is elaborately made of ABS material, very exquisite and compact. One button operation and shut down automatically without operation in 8 seconds. Large LED and backlight display make it very easy to read.
- Lightweight & Portable: Metene fingertip pulse meter very light and easy to carry.This spo2 monitor is attached with detachable lanyard convenient to measure your oxygen saturation anywhere.
- You Will Get: 1*pulse oximeter, Lanyard, 2*AAA Batteries, 1*User Manual and 1* worry-free after-sale service. Please feel free to contact us if any quality issue within 12 months after the day of purchasing, we will reach back as soon as possible and try our best to make you satisfied.
5. Pulse Oximeter, Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
4.8 stars, 430 reviews | $24.60 AT AMAZON
Santamedical Fingertip Pulse Oximeter is an accurate way to check pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation levels. Self-adjusting finger clamp pulse simple one-button design allows for easy operation.
The pulse oximeter only applies to adults. And it is not suitable for injured skin tissue. The small size of the oximeter makes it easy for you to carry around in your everyday life.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “You guys nailed it. I’m happy that it is compact, easy to use, and informative, but most of all, I love that it is accurate.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “Works great for checking the oxygen in my blood. I can also watch my heart rate and keep an eye on my heart skipping beats.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- SpO2, PULSE RATE & PULSE BAR GRAPH READINGS | Easy to read bar graph that displays your SpO2, Pulse Rate, and Pulse Strength results.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES | This device allows for almost all size of fingers from children to adults due to the finger chamber design.
- SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS | Intended for sport and aviation use. This device is ideal for using during high endurance and outdoor sports such as mountain climbing, running, biking. – pulse oximeters reviews.
- PORTABLE & EASY | Compact, light weight and easy to carry with you for results anywhere you go.
- RELIABLE QUICK READINGS | This device is clinically tested and proven consistent results. Receive blood SpO2, Pulse Rate, and Pulse Strength results within 8 to 10 seconds on large digital OLED display.
Read our article on: Best thermometer for nurses and adults