Children are sensitive and are prone to more diseases because of their weak immune systems and the inability to protect themselves.
Besides other health conditions, skin conditions are also much common in children, and in fact, they got to suffer more because of their fragility.
Photosensitivity is a word description for a person who can not stand in the light and his or her symptoms deteriorate in light especially in sunlight.
There are Sunblock creams made especially for babies to protect their skin. Sunlight contains Ultraviolet rays which tend to damage our DNA and causes abnormalities of the body especially sskin.
According to a study, in a single day, our DNA gets damaged because of these Ultraviolet rays by almost 5,000 times but some specific enzymes e.g P53 enzyme repairs that damage.
We should be thankful for those enzymes, otherwise, we would be getting an abnormality or even cancer 5000 times in a day.
There are some babies in which those enzymes are not present by birth and those babies almost always have defective skin conditions and cancer. The disease is called Xeroderma Pigmentosa.
This is just one condition, and there are many conditions and that is the reason we have to take care of our babies from those Ultraviolet rays and Sunblock for babies is one of the first steps to do for protecting our little ones. Here are some of the best sunblock for babies.
4.7 stars, 5,250 reviews | $12.01 AT AMAZON
Thinkbaby Sunscreen – Safe for Your Family, Safe for the Ocean (Size: 3 Ounce, Pack of 1) Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen was the first sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements and has held the highest rating in EWG’s database since 2010 with a “1” rating. These mineral-based (zinc oxide) formulations go on smoothly and absorb easily without leaving you feeling sticky or goopy. Your toddler will love not having the oily, uncomfortably sticky, or tacky feel of the other suntan lotions.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “This is the only sunscreen I trust for my 3 year old to use. There are so many sunscreens out there loaded with chemicals- this one is safe and gives me peace of mind.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “At First it is sticky but that feeling disappears in 10 min or so. But need to wash thouroughly with soap and both cloth to let come off. It surely protects you from sun burning yes.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- FIRST TO PASS – Whole Foods Premium Care requirements & Top-Rated by EWG in 2010 with a #1 Rating.
- NO BIOLOGICALLY HARMFUL CHEMICALS – Paraben/PABA Free, Vegan, Safe for Infants, Toddlers & the Earth.
- HIGHEST WATER RESISTANCE – Per the FDA, with Broad Spectrum Coverage UVA & UVB Coverage for Babies.
- REEF FRIENDLY – Highly Biodegradable, Non Toxic & Non Aerosol Formula Earth Safe EWG Top Rated (#1).
- APPLIES & ABSORBS EASILY – No Oily, Sticky Feeling or Chemical Smells – Kids Love our Sunblock.
4.7 stars, 2,232 reviews | $14.90 AT AMAZON
This mineral sunscreen provides superior broad-spectrum protection from UVA/UVB rays and is both sweats- and water-resistant for 80 minutes. From the pediatrician-recommended brand, this hypoallergenic baby sunscreen lotion is designed for baby’s sensitive skin and applies easily to lock in moisture without stinging.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “I bought this for my 5 month old baby, for his first time at the beach and pool, it was very gentle on his sensitive skin, easy to spread and soft scent. This is a must have for baby’s sun protection. The active ingredient is zinc oxide (the same as most diaper rash creams) which is very safe for babies.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “I’ve been a fan of Aveeno products for 10+ years. My baby deserves the good stuff and that’s what this is. There’s no weird sticky feel like with some cheap sun lotion. This is similar to other Aveeno lotions. No strong odors or anything. Just quality product.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- 5-ounce tube of Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening and Exfoliating Daily Face Scrub cleanses and buffs away dead skin, surface impurities, and oil for softer, brighter skin.
- The unique formula of this brightening facial cleansing scrub contains moisture-rich soy extract and naturally derived granules designed to gently exfoliate and cleanse, while removing dirt, oil, and bacteria. – Best sunblock for babies.
- Gentle enough for everyday use and sensitive skin, the daily exfoliating face wash reveals your skin’s youthful texture and glow while helping even tone.
- From a dermatologist recommended skin care brand, this gentle face scrub is oil-free, soap-free and hypoallergenic. It is suitable for everyday use in a beauty or skincare routine, and is non-comedogenic so it won’t clog pores.
- The Aveeno Positively Radiant collection is designed to enhance your natural radiance and give you a lit-from-within glow. Each soy enriched product targets even skin tone and texture.
4.7 stars, 1,241 reviews | $19.99 AT AMAZON
La Roche-Posay is dedicated to improving the quality of life of its customers by developing safe and effective products. Formulas are allergy tested, non-comedogenic, tested on sensitive skin, and packaged in a way to minimize possible contamination. Recommended for sunscreen protection for the face and body, broad-spectrum SPF 60. Sunscreen has an ultra-light texture, is fast-absorbing, and provides a non-greasy finish. Good for all skin types. Water-resistant (80 minutes). Tested on sensitive skin.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “Works great! Prevented sunburns in the hot Texas sun in July. Not greasy at all and it’s very gentle on sensitive skin. My daughter often gets dermatitis from other sunscreens but she didn’t have any problem with this at all.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “This is The Mother of All Sunscreens. Buy it now. I’ve been using it for years for mountain biking and trail running in the desert, where I need the best protection. We also survived Miami Beach summer this years thanks to this little pouch. La Roche Posay delivers.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- UVA/UVB broad protection SPF 60, water resistant 80 minutes.
- With antioxidants and Vitamin E.
- Gentle kids sunscreen developed for children’s sensitive skin.
Sun Safety Tips
•All sunscreen, including high SPF, needs to reapplied frequently: After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating, immediately after towel drying, and at least every 2 hours.
•Stay out of the sun between noon and 4pm
•No direct sun exposure for children before 3 years old
•Wear a t-shirt, a hat and sunglasses
•Take sun precautions year round, not just at the beach. Sun rays can burn your skin during all seasons, even on cloudy days. Daily sun protection is crucial to protect your skin 365 days of the year.
Read our article on: Best Sunscreen For Everyday On Face