A stethoscope is a device used by doctors to listen to the voices in the Human body. Today we find the best stethoscope for nurses – 2020 review but before recommendation, let’s get some knowledge about stethoscope. It is consists of these.
- Long tube.
It was invented back in the 1950s and are modifying since then. It is used for diagnosing many pathological conditions without any intervention.
Where we use Stethoscope?
The following are the conditions where you can use a stethoscope.
- Heart pathology.
- Air tube or lung pathology.
On the other hand, one end of the tube has an earpiece and has Diaphram and bell for listening high and low-frequency voices, respectively. Diaphram(whole part) is used most of the time, and the bell (narrow part) is used rarely.
How to listen Heart sounds with Stethoscope?
Place the Diaphram below the 4th rib (5th Intercostal space) on the left side of your chest just below the nipple most of the time, and you can hear normal and abnormal heart sounds. LUB DUB is a typical heart sound, and Heart regularly beats throughout life.
The average heartbeat is 60 to 100 beats per minute. Below 60 or above 100 considered abnormal heart rhythms or Arrhythmias.
How listen to lung sounds with Stethoscope?
One can also observe the lung’s condition and specific abnormalities with a stethoscope’s help by placing the diaphragm on the back of the chest.
The procedure is to identify the Stethoscope on the end of the chest by making the patient sit quietly and peacefully.
Then asked to breathe profoundly and check for any murmuring sound. Most of the patients with Pneumonia and other lung disorders have cracking sound when the patient breathes deeply.
The Stethoscope can be used regularly by patients or average persons for the daily measuring of heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, etc. Here are some recommendations for the best Stethoscope for nurses – 2020 review.
1. 3M Littmann Classic III Monitoring Stethoscope
4.8 stars, 24,712 reviews | $83.98 AT AMAZON
The compact and sensitive Littmann Classic III stethoscope is the perfect instrument for clinicians who monitor and assess children or adults in non-critical environments—manufactured with strong yet lightweight materials for hours of comfortable use.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “This is a very good stethoscope, it eases me to evaluate patients, mostly by its duality on the chestpiece. I only like 2 or 3 more inches to the tube :(. I like its very excellent sound quality. I’m glad I bought it!! Pleases feel confident to probe it.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “Best on the market and corgi approved. High quality sound, durable, and great colors! Good for the student and the professional.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- Two sided chestpiece with tunable diaphragms on both the adult and pediatric sides.
- Single piece tunable diaphragm is easy to attach, and easier to clean because its surface is smooth without crevices. – Best Stethoscope For Nurses – 2020 Review.
- Pediatric side converts to a traditional open bell by replacing the single piece diaphragm with a non chill rim.Diaphragm Diameter (Imperial):1.7 inch.
- Next generation tubing provides longer life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol; less likely to pick up stains.
- Small tunable diaphragm is useful for pediatric, small, or thin patients; around bandages; and for carotid assessment.
2. MDF Rose Gold MD One Stainless Steel Premium Dual Head Stethoscope
4.6 stars, 1,959 reviews | $79.99 AT AMAZON
This Rose Gold MD One (in white) is not only fashionable but performs at the top of its class. Drenched in luxury, this stethoscope delivers crisp, clear acoustics for heart, lung, and bowel sounds.
Its stainless steel construction, anatomically angled headset, ultra-sensitive diaphragm, extra-thick latex-free white PVC tubing, and super-soft silicone ComfortSeal Eartips all contribute to make it the dependable and high-performing stethoscope it is known to be. These stethoscopes are finely crafted tools designed to help medical professionals give their patients the most accurate diagnoses.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “Looks great, works great, spare ear covers. Very comfortable.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “It looks absolutely beautiful, elegant and professional. Excellent and easy to use for both the diaphragm and bell side. Excellent purchase. I am pleased I chose this colour over black.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- Handcrafted Since 1971 | Free-parts-for-life Program | Lifetime Warranty | Latex-free.
- 100% stainless steel construction and acoustically-superior stainless steel.
- PRE-ANGLED > ErgonoMax Headset is anatomically angled at 15 degrees for a precise fit. – Best Stethoscope For Nurses – 2020 Review.
- SECURED TWICE > Dual-leaf spring construction offers twice the durability.
- PREVENT PUNCTURED EAR DRUMS > Patented SafetyLock Eartip Adaptors are non-invasive and leads the industry in user safety.
3. Classic Single Head Cardiology Stethoscope
4.4 stars, 1,462 reviews | $19.95 AT AMAZON
This stethoscope is a single-sided pressure-sensitive acoustic stethoscope for complete assessment and diagnosis of heart and lung sounds in human and animal patients. Lightweight and durable, this stethoscope provides precision and accuracy when gathering information about nature, heartbeat, and lungs or when taking blood pressure measurements by sphygmomanometer.
WHAT BUYER’S SAY: “You cannot beat the quality or the price. Do not spend a ton of money without giving this a try.” one buyer wrote. Another said, “I got this for legal (authorized) safe cracking. It’s a great stethoscope. The ear buds are a little tough on the ears after a while, but the overall build quality and sound amplification are impressive.” READ MORE >>
Features & Details
- Number 1 Healthcare Tool: Ensure you get the most accurate information possible when it comes to your patient’s vitals with the One Head Stethoscope kit by Paramed.
- High-quality Material: Paramed Cardiac Stethoscopes are created from the best royal latex-free materials, with a stainless steel head and non-chill rim. Suitable for both nursing and doctor practice.
- Include bonus: two replacement soft ear tips, name tag holder, diaphragm replacement inside carry case. An excellent medical gift that lasts a lifetime. – Best Stethoscope For Nurses – 2020 Review.
- Anatomically Designed: headset is angled to channel sound directly into the ear canal via a binaural master tubing and soft ear covers.
- Get it risk-free: Single Head Stethoscope by Paramed comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.
Read our article on : Top 10 Blood Pressure Monitors