Physical therapy is simply the type of treatment that requires specific exercises and training of muscles for improving many conditions without pharmaceuticals’ help. People ask the question, is physical therapy worth it. Let’s find the answer.
Most of us heard of physical therapy, and it’s benefits have been increased remarkably during the last two decades.
The reason for the sharp increase in demand for physical therapists is the increased number of diseases that affect muscles and needs to be improved through proper exercises and stretching of the muscles.
One of the most common and severe patients getting benefits from physical therapy includes the patient of brain stroke.
Benefits of physical therapy
There is a number of benefits to physical therapy. Let’s enlist them one by one.
- Any kind of exercise is beneficial for your body as it helps burning fat and improves organ systems.
- There are many diseases that do not have proper treatment. Physical therapy is the only hope for them. E.g., Paralysis due to Brain stroke.
- There are specific relaxing points in our body, and by pressing those points, we feel relaxed and calm, which can help stressful patients.
- There are no medicines or surgeries involved. No risk of side effects or complications. This is the essential point for the elderly as medications can have many side effects and more complications due to surgery, but physical therapy does not have any of these. In other words,’ If you are not getting well, there is no or very little chance of you getting hurt.’
- The treatment is not expensive. The treatment cost of each physical therapy session is different across the world and depends on experience and so many other things. Still, it is sure that it is much cheaper than the other treatment options of certain diseases.
- More than 50% of people above age 40 experience specific pains, most commonly back. Joint problems and the only pharmaceutical treatment for those are pain killers, but pain killers or Analgesics works only for a particular time and have many side effects. Physical therapy can help a lot, especially in back pains.
- It is readily available. As the demand increases, the number of therapists also increased, and you can find one in your area easily.
Let’s summarise all the pros of Physical therapy and some of the cons for a better understanding of .
- No side effects.
- Easily available.
- Overall healthy.
- Does do not treat all diseases.
- It could take time for impact.
- It cannot be done on children and too ill patients.
- Requires a particular environment and machinery.
Is physical therapy worth it?
Yes, I would like to talk about physical therapy’s value and scope nowadays and the upcoming future.
As people are getting advanced and literate, they understand the importance of physical therapy in daily life. Shortly, we will have high demand and respect for physical therapists.
Read our article on: Posture Corrector Reviews